Please take a look at the documents uploaded for some example logos that I like.
The me-ssager text is sent over just to indicate how it is to be read-in one line and the umlaut over the a. though i am looking for a modern contemporary font, that is not the font i will want to use.
there are some specific design criteria that must be followed. they are the following:
1. i am definitely looking for an abstract mark along with the text.
2. the play on words is that the name also looks like the word massager so the text needs to be read across in one line, like so: me-ssager
not with the me on top
3. the dash/hyphen must be included in the text
4. there must be an umlaut or some other symbol over the a to indicate that the a sound like aah. if you spell out messager it reads message-r with the a sounding like a sharp a. i like the umlaut because it gives it a scandinavian/danish/european feel but if some other symbol works then great.
5. the abstract mark will need to be a 3d rendering for the web and video but will need to be recognizable as a black and white flat logo for certain uses like being stamped on the product itself.
6. one important aspect is that the "me" needs to be accentuated. if not the text reads messager or message-r. i was thinking that the me would be in a different font. maybe something harder for the "me" and softer for the "ssager". and/or the me would be a bit bigger than the ssager. not sure what is going to look right.
regarding the abstract mark, i am not sure where it would go. my first thought was at the top left corner or on top but i'm not sure. in some of the uses of the logo, there will be a .com at the end of the text. i will want the .com font to be half the size of the logo text and be at the end of the logo text or just below on the bottom right. therefore putting the abstract mark at the right or bottom right might not be the best place. as far as the text font, i am open to a standard font but the ideal would be to have a custom text font. same modern contemporary architectural feel.
the feeling i am trying to create is the following:
this is a sharp styled, well engineered product. it should indicate the power/strength which is available through the leverage this product wields. leverage itself could be indicated. it should indicate some type of depression, because it depresses into your body/muscles. it should indicate 21 century, modern, hi tech, contemporary, and architectural design. maybe even a bit edgy. i am looking for simple bold with clean lines and no small detail. a logo that can be made out when its small. nothing stylized with hard to make out details. one last detail to indicate would be the eco friendliness of the product material since it is 100% non toxic and completely made from plant based resins, with out the use of petroleum plastics. this last detail is not necessary to be indicated especially if it takes away from the product and its characteristics, but it would be a bonus if it could be incorporated. even if it was just the color.