1. The logo should reflect the contrast between “Word” and “Wire”. So, the appearance of these two terms should differ in style, font, texture and maybe colour.
2. We are keen to keep the ampersand (&) between the two
3. The logo should reflect the vision and values of our business, as described below.
4. The term “wire” is intended to evoke a sense of vital links and connection (think community connections, professional connections, the internet and other network links). The logo should emphasise this notion of “connection”.
5. The term “word” should reflect the core delivery of our business – ie. solid, high-quality written material. The material we produce will be both timeless (ie. accurate, dependable and in keeping with the highest time-honoured professional standards) and contemporary (reflecting the evolving conventions of the digital age).
6. It is hoped that the themes that emerge from the logo design will set the tone for our subsequent website.