IDEAS for LOGO DESIGN
6. The spelling is “SmartER REst” and for the “R” and the “E” from the end of the word “Smarter” and beginning of the word “Rest” we can use the shape of a woman (or men, or both) that has the arms and legs in such a position as to resemble the letters, to emphasize the message of resting, and make the logo stick in the mind of the customers. The other letters should look pretty normal, because we don’t want to create something that becomes too hard to read.
7. Besides “Smarter Rest”, which is the name of the brand, there should be another line that says “same time, more rest” which should be either written underneath or somehow interestingly incorporated into the logo. Adding this motto to the logo, the customer has an idea of what we provide, however the key here is to avoid becoming boring and explain everything from the logo.
8. If you think it’s appropriate, an animal figure can also be used to suggest protection.
9. One idea would be to use the shape of the human eye, having the company name, “Smarter Rest”, written above, and “Same time, more rest” written below. And the text from above and below following the contour of the eye.
10. Feel free to bring your own ideas into the design. Only the text (“Smarter Rest” and “same time, more rest”) are fixed, but the design is completely up to you.
11. This logo will go on many things such as box packaging, stationary card, website, email template, pillow cover (printing or embroidery), travel case (printing) etc. It should not be way too complicated to replicate on the pillow cover or travel case.
PS: 1. Besides Logo, I need other designs for this new business: box packaging, stationary card, website and email template. I am a big fan of the idea of working through 1-to-1 with just one designer, for consistency reasons. Therefore, I will contact the logo contest winner and I will invite him/her to 1-to-1 projects for all of the above, so please consider that.
2. However, if the logo designer does not want to work on anything else besides logo, that is perfectly ok. We will not choose the winner based on their availability for further collaboration.