WHAT LOOKING FOR IN THE LOGO:
We are very open to different ideas and approaches. We tend to like simple visuals more than complex ones.
* The logo should be inspirational and remind people of our philosophy and what we're about.
* The logo should express the active nature of making inner efforts and the positive outcomes of doing the work.
* The words should be all caps.
* We are open to different color schemes (we currently have none) but want something universal in appeal that's not specific to or disliked by either gender.
POSSIBLE IDEAS FOR ICON:
* Showing a mind, brain, face or head in profile or straight on with an additional element showing "effort."
* Elements of "coaching" to show that a person is coaching themselves. Dialog boxes or looking in a mirror. Maybe take from sport coaching and incorporate a whistle, bullhorn, clipboard or 3 ring binder.
* The outline of person trying to get up from a kneeling position with their body pointed towards the viewer but their their head looking down. Imagine they just finished a great contest of mental or physical stamina that took a toll but they're still trying to stand -- they are pushing themselves to get back up. Caution, we don't want it to look like a sporting logo.
* Some other symbolic idea of inner effort that might include an animal or nature but must also convey it involves the viewer's mind. We don't want them thinking it's about nature, freshness etc.
ELEMENTS THAT ARE NOT A FIT:
* We prefer the logo to not have a "Zen-like" feel (eg. having stacked rocks or figures in a lotus position). We very much believe in mindfulness and meditation but that's not the primary message we want the logo to express.
* We do not want the logo to make a potential customer, especially men, feel embarrassed that someone else viewing the logo on a product they bought or seeing it over their shoulder when looking at our website may think it's related to a "problem" they're having or some other negative stigma.
PLANNED USES OF THE LOGO:
* We will use the logo on the website and will incorporate it into all our published products and covers to show brand consistency.
* We plan to use it as a watermark on inspirational posters and pictures that we create and share.
* We might also put the logo on T-shirts and coffee mugs to help fans get inspired.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORTS
Thank you for your time and all the work that goes into this. We promise to give lots of feedback throughout the process and to answer questions quickly. We're very excited!