We would like a corporate identity for a company which is to be called Curious Universe that will oversee our publishing business. Curious Universe stands for exploration, learning, and inspiration. Infinite possibilities and opportunities.
We are a global publisher selling over 20 million products in 38 languages throughout 77 different countries. Our mission is to produce awesome products, affordable to every family, creating spontaneity, joy and learning in everything we do. Key areas of the business are books, stationery, craft, jigsaws, toys, and games.
• Logo needs to capture the essence of exploration through the use of colour, typeface and design elements. It must be:
- Age agnostic and work for both children’s and adult products
- Vector art (scalable to any size)
- Keep it simple
- Could have a nod to the “universe” or “curious” concept, but not be too obvious
- Could use the letters “C” and the “U” in the logo, but not essential.
• The design should include a symbol and incorporate the words “Curious Universe”
• The finished logo will have one version including the words “Curious Universe” and one version with just the logo
• Needs to be identifiable and unique
• Not limited to books – it needs to communicate the brand emotion, not the specific product
• Needs to work both in full-colour and black and white, at different sizes and in different contexts such as:
- Spine of books
- Imprint pages
- Selling material
Curiosity, Explore, Discover, Inspire, Innovate, Enjoy, Learn
Creative, Reliable, Passionate, International, Dynamic, Agile, Authority