To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
Our industry is not agriculture but horticulture, nursery and turf care suppliers - our website is http://www.fernland.com.au
Create a new logo for a well established professional company that retains a visual connection to our current image.
This is some important feedback I gave to some designs:
1) "I'm open to all design suggestions, however we must consider that we do not sell ferns (rather we sell plant nursery supplies, turf care supplies, landscape supplies and home garden supplies), so to a certain extent we don't want to emphasize the word "Fern" and "land" as separate by changing the colour for example. I hope this makes sense!"
2) "To clarify, we sell everything to help grow plants and turf - not the actual green product itself (such as a plant or section of turf). Our products include, but are not limited to: fertilisers, growing media (potting mix), pots, chemicals to kill harmful pests and plant disease (insecticides and herbicides), bamboo stakes, shadecloth, weedmat, etc."
3) "We are also hoping to modernise the logo to a certain extent - so we are probably steering away from serif fonts - of course we consider all designs submitted, so if a serif font fits in well with a brilliant design please don't be put off! :-)"
4) "Really appreciate everyone who has submitted their designs so far. Many have included it in their designs - we are hoping to have a logo which includes a symbol or emblem that can represent our company with and without the word 'Fernland'. Think the Nike swoosh, the McDonalds 'M' etc."
5) The most important thing at this point is creating a logo that has a high quality, unique (original) icon/symbol that can represent Fernland on its own as well as with the rest of the logo... Top marks go to these designs. The icon/symbol should have a connection the the name Fernland (letter F) as well as to the horticulture industry (leaves, grass etc.).
6) I should also emphasize that we really appreciate original designs - not stock art. If stock art is used, please make sure that it is edited and manipulated to suit our company image (not just a cut and paste job!) :-)