Knowledgeable, Customer Service, Communication, Professionalism, High Quality, Fast!
How Dustywater started their logo design journey
Dusty Joy Foundation
The mission of Dusty Joy Foundation is to increase compassion for lung cancer patients. DJF is founded by lung cancer survivor Dusty Joy Donaldson.
Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer of men and women but is the least funded of all major cancers. Our logo should lend strong brand recognition. Although our cause is lung cancer, one of our key goals is to help end the stigma that lung cancer patients face about smoking. 15-20% of new cases of lung cancer are in people who NEVER smoked, and as many as half of all new cases are in former smokers, many who quit decades ago. So the logo should not have anything to do with anti-smoking.
DJF will have several programs, but the signature events will be our balloon releases. DJF will host public rallies and balloon releases to increase public awareness of lung cancer. The balloon is symbolic of the lungs, and a clear balloon will be released for each lung cancer death in that community for the year.
This logo will be used on our website, printed materials, and used for branding a balloon-mobile Ford Transit Connect, which will travel around to different communities for the releases. We have some ideas for the logo, possibly using balloons, or an upside down balloon that looks like a teardrop, but we want to see what we haven’t imagined yet. We are excited to see your vision for our logo.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Potential donors, other lung cancer organizations, lung cancer patients and their families and friends. Our target audience is everyone touched by lung cancer. In addition to those directly impacted by this disease, our mission will be targeted toward the general public to help educate them about lung cancer facts. Lung cancer is so misunderstood. Once they know the facts, they become empathetic to the cause. Our grassroots campaign will begin this year in the state of North Carolina in the US and expand next year.
• Our name, Dusty Joy Foundation, should be part of the logo.
• The logo should be simple, elegant, playful without being cartoonish.
• Typeface should have clean simple lines.
• The logo should be printable both in color and in black and white.
• There should no pink anywhere in the logo. All other colors are fair game.
• The logo should be vector (scalable) and must be delivered in different file formats for print and web (AI/PSD, EPS, JPG, etc) & fonts & color codes.
• Original designs only; no stock images or clip art.
• If your design is selected, there is a possibility of some additional design opportunities.
If you use balloons in the design, please do not have strings attached to the balloons.
I hope this gives you enough information to create a great logo that will help us change the world. If you want more information about the organization, see attached executive summary (but it's not necessary).