Perfect as always: Terry was very patient and reactive despite my numerous requests for change...
How Innovent started their logo design journey
BIRT - Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools
Innovent Solutions is a consulting firm, dedicated to the improvement of decision making through effective information management. We build systems that enable our clients to:
- Find the information they want and need
- Understand the relationships and meaning of that information
- Trust the information to be accurate and timely
One of our practices revolves around the use of the Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) project. BIRT (http://eclipse.org/birt) is an open source project that is a part of the Eclipse Foundation (http://eclipse.org).
As members of the BIRT project team we have helped to build and promote the BIRT project. Our goal is to develop the product and then sell services and training based on the use of the product. We have been very active participants in the project for the last five years.
The BIRT project does not really have any official logo. There have been various incarnations of an ugly block text logo, but they seem to have faded away.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
There are three primary audiences for BIRT:
- OEMs are building software products that embed BIRT as part of their solution.
- Project teams will embed BIRT into a specific project to achieve a specific set of goals.
- Enterprise clients are trying to build a BI Platform that can be shared by multiple projects within their organization.
The common theme is that they want to present information to their clients in a manner that helps them to make good decisions based on the data.
Three design elements should be reflected in solution:
- Eclipse logo (attached)
- Innovent Solutions logo (attached)
- Business Intelligence / Reporting functionality (need ideas here)
No need to reflect the full project name and use of word BIRT is not Required.
Logo should have clean and sharp resolution at both:
200x100px and at an icon size 64x64 size.
We have two general usage models:
- A general BIRT logo. We may choose to open source this logo and give it back to the community.
- A BIRT/Innovent logo that we can use to associate our company with BIRT.
Depending on the designs we may use only the general logo, or we may adopt both.
Once we have a general BIRT logo, we would like to extend this logo for use use in three specific applications. Variations that demonstrate these applications will factor in selecting the contest winner.
- BIRT Training: custom training delivered by Innovent Solutions
- BIRT Functions: open source sub-project (http://code.google.com/p/birt-functions-lib/)
- BIRT Controls: open source sub-project (http://code.google.com/p/birt-controls-lib/)