How Utopia Computers started their logo design journey
Our Computer company has been running for over 15 years and is looking to re-brand itself with a modern stylish logo.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are looking for a new logo. Having launched a new online store we would like something that would bring our current branding up to date. Our local customers know us well and we have built solid brand name in the area.
We want to advertise nationwide and are looking for something that is instantly recognisable and sticks to our current corporate colours of black and yellow. The logo needs to be scalable so we can use it our outdoor signs etc.. We currently use a bold U for our logo (see website http://www.utopiacomputers.co.uk for example). We like the idea of having an icon in the logo that can be recognised separately from the brand name. e.g. Nvidia logo. (see http://www.nvidia.com)
We have been running for over 15 years and supply all kinds of computer hardware and services including new laptops and network installations. We are a friendly company putting the emphasis on good customer service. We liked the name Utopia as it gave connotations of a perfect world.
We also use the tag line "Digital Perfection" and would like it to be implemented nicely into the logo.
- Our corporate colours: Black & Yellow
- We want to use the logo on company stationary, business cards, vans, outdoor signs so it needs to be scalable.
- Instantly recognizable
- Ideally, the logo should also be easily readable in greyscale (for customer receipts & invoices).
- Our tag line (Digital Perfection) to fit into the design well and not to look out of place.
- Anything resembling tools (eg. spanners etc.) since we don't want to be seen as only focusing on repairs.
- Over sized graphics.
- Hard-to-read fonts / text.