Ivoivanov nailed it with their first and only entry. I had several good ones to choose from in the competition but this was the best. The design was clever in that it included a smile, hinting at the fact that this is related to dentistry, without being too obvious and without including a tooth. Overall it was clean, eye catching, and unique from all the other logos out there in this space.
How smachimo started their logo design journey
I'm a programmer without artistic talent, and that's where you come in. I built a website to support my hobby and I'm getting ready to launch it.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
I'm targeting nostalgic gamers and collectors, with an emphasis on older generation gaming systems. Think Nintendo NES or Sega Master System.
These are the main points of what I'm looking for:
- Horizontal design with width of approximately 700px and height no larger than 300px.
- The logo should be just the word "Gamogora", capitalization is up to you.
- I would like the logo font to be made up of over-sized pixels with black borders. See the attached file 3ddot.jpg to get an idea.
- Color scheme: I envisioned big white pixels with black borders, but I'm also open to colorized pixels. So have fun with it!
- Please leave the logo's background transparent so that the logo may be placed on other images.
It's not required, but feel free to improvise additional graphics in the 8-bit pixel art style to complement your logo. I'll do my best to provide prompt feedback on each entry. Also if you feel you have a design idea that isn't in pixel art style, feel free to message me.
*Edit (Aug 12): I just wanted to clarify for those still thinking about entering that I envisioned a logo where the individual pixels are bordered with a contrasting color, not just the letters. The pixels don't necessarily have to be perfectly square, they can be rounded.