How Eltherington Group started their logo design journey
We have three companies as part of a group: Eltherington Group Ltd, Eltherington Aluminium Ltd & Eltherington Industries Ltd
Our family MANUFACTURING company is based in the UK and has survived and grown for 50 years. (1960-2010). We have been mainly connected to the aluminiun industry and supply products within the UK markets. We also supply plastic cladding products plus PVC glazing systems.
We have 150 current staff members, many of which have been working with us for over 30 years.
Next year will be a celebration of the 50 year achievement but also an opportunity to market the 50 year longevity to new potential prospects.
All our products require a technical "sell" and require design flexibility to suit individual customer requirements.
Live customer base of 600 companies.
I want a fresh, clean and professional brand image. Must be able to work in all media's (letterhead, bus cards, web, email, clothing, process paperwork, truck livery etc).
We are told our strength in our marketplace is supply leading service, flexibility, innovation in our sectors reinforced by integrity. I don't want to change any aspect of this position!
- Require a Logo with and without the 50 year reference. I don't envisage using the 50th year logo in future years.
- Logo between the three companies must have synergy. Could use "hint" colour differentation to split logo's ?
- I feel a symbol / image connection with aluminium might work against our plastic product offering?
- My competitors are generally larger than our company and quite traditional in approach. I want the feel of a forward thinking and innovative brand must with some link to previous brand that have been developed for past 50 years.
- You could consider a "play" on the letter "E" or "EA", "EI", "EG" which might give scope for new product names in the future?
Please provide in high quality JPG's and print formats suitable for print houses.
We will be re-designing our web site this year and will launch a new contest to suit.
I'm really looking forward to entries and wish you all luck,