How Steven Ellis started their logo design journey
Need a new logo for my instructional baseball pitching video clips website, PitchingClips.com. The winner of this contest is invited to produce further work with more pay (read below).
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
- PitchingClips.com is an instructional baseball video site containing hundreds of video clips of big league pitchers.
- Site caters to high school, college and professional baseball pitchers, baseball coaches and parents of baseball players.
- Site owned by former pro pitcher Steven Ellis of the Chicago Cubs organization.
- The winner of this contest is invited to perform further work directly with us, which includes carrying the winning design over to the following three sites: LetsTalkPitching.com (a forum), StevenEllis.com (a blog) and TheCompletePitcher.com (the main pitching instruction site). All these sites, including PitchingClips.com, are part of Steven Ellis' instructional baseball website network.
- Be aware that we operate in a crowded and popular sector and, thus, would need to stand out with a very special and unique logo. Competitors include the sites Pitching.com, Hitting.com, Baseball-Fever.com, HSBaseballWeb.com, JaegerSports.com and Pitching101.com.
- We are really looking forward to seeing what unique and creative designs you can create. You are a candidate winner if you receive all 5 stars.
- Use complimentary colors found at pitchingclips.com (blues, grays, whites, oranges, or any other colors that go with site, etc.).
- Creative, creative, creative!
- The logo MUST be clear and legible in all sizes.
- The logo SHOULD be memorable and simple in a way that conveys a stylish baseball feel with emphases on movement or motion.
- The logo SHOULD be produced with few color variations as to be able to work with most backgrounds.
- The logo will be used only online.
- Must fit within a 728 px wide by 140 px high space -- or anything in between.
- Optional: Would like font to look like that of an MLB or a college baseball team.
- Optional: Would like my name "Steven Ellis" included, but can be smaller than "Pitching Clips."
- Optional: Want web address pitchingclips.com or http://www.pitchingclips.com.
- Anything that looks like the current place-holder design.
- Cliché design elements.
- Futuristic fonts and look.
- Caricature/cartoon elements.
- Stock logos and clip art.