Bao - Dim Sum House
I have run 3 previous contest on 99designs and all of them have been immensely successful and the winners have went on to do further work for me. I look forward to seeing the entries!
We are an upscale and trendy Dim Sum House and will be catering to customers in a popular metro-area located in the heart of Los Angeles. Our menu will consist of many Dim Sum dishes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dim_sum), mostly widely known for it's steamed dumplings. Most Dim Sum items are served in baskets (http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h…=&gs_rfai=). We want the logo to reflect the authenticity of the dishes but also the modern decor and ambiance of the restaurant.
We are looking for a logo that is edgy, simple, clean, classic, appetizing...Bao in Chinese means "bun".
1. We are leaning towards wanting an edgy Chinese stamp logo incorporating the word "Bao". (http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&…=&gs_rfai=). Notice how the stamps bleed a little. Please do not make it overly complicated as we want the logo to be SIMPLE and clean and readable.
2. "Bao" is the main focus of the logo. "Dim Sum House" is secondary and can be underneath in smaller font. You can also play with "Bao" and "Dim Sum House" as all uppercase, lowercase or both. There is NO dash in the logo.
3. Try to use red (maybe maroon), white, and black colors. It is a restaurant logo, so use no more than 2-3 colors.
4. These are pictures of our existing restaurant (please ignore the Jian BBQ logo): http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a…5571603664
5. No chopsticks or Chinese characters please.
6. We are very open to any other ideas so please be creative!