Did a great job, had a good grasp of what we wanted to achieve and put together a fab design.
How AlessandraL started their logo design journey
My mother and I went through some rough times and decided we wanted to help out those that needed help so we developed a website that allows non-profit organizations to list their cause at no charge and build a profile to accept donations from users, list job openings, advertise their events, list community service hours for high-school students, sell for a cause, and gain overall support. This would allow those charities that nobody has ever heard of as well as the big organizations to communicate their cause.
The site was intially named YouKwik.com but the name was impossible for users to remember and spell so we decided to find a name that encompassed the overall idea and was easy to remember. You can still find the website layout and idea at http://www.youkwik.com (before we move it to the new domain http://www.becausei.org). We are going to remove the YouKwik logo and everything.
We want to make a difference and we want people to go on becausei.org to unite for all the causes and change this world for better.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
The target audience is going to be High-School - College Students but it is not limited to those individuals because anyone can go on and use the site and is open to the general public. With that mentioned, we want the logo to be innovative, trendy, exemplifying change and environmentally and charitably counciousness.
Students are "cool" they appeal to the best looking design and want to fit in to what everyone is doing. They want to be able to go on a site without feeling that if someone peeks at their screen they will be made fun of. It has to look like an awesome and appealling logo for the site to be viewed a lot.
1. Innovative and trendy design
2. NOT BORING
3. Matches the design and colors of the website http://www.youkwik.com (not the same colors as the youkwik logo).
4. Shows environmental and charitable conciousness
5. Fun but not silly
6. Cool - something that is appealing to college students
7. Exemplifies Change
8. Easy to remember
9. Looks good on a t-shirt
10. The point of the logo is to be able to make t-shirts and items that say... Because I... care; Because I... am looking for a solution...etc... You can make the I stand out (or whatever you think works - you are the designer)!
11. Use colors that are easy to remember and appealling..