I would, ideally, like a symbol and a word (above, or alongside the symbol). However, I am open to not having the symbol if you can come up with a really cool way of incorporating the symbolism in the word.
In the word:
1) Please don't use a capital 'A'
2) Please highlight the 'o' in some way so that the words 'app' and 'site' become visible on their own but, importantly, the word still needs to read 'apposite' rather than 'app'[symbol]'site'.
3) I like simple, well rounded, sans-serif fonts with a 'terminal' (a tail at the bottom) of the 'i' and 't'. Futura doesn't have this, but Helvetica does.
4) I'm slightly worried that the domain extension for my site is .co rather than .com. So, I may need to include the '.co' in the logo. Can you please bear in mind that there may be a need to add this in future. Even better, if you could include a version with the '.co' added that would be very helpful.
In the symbol:
1) Please don't use objects that may go (or already have gone) out of date. eg. a cursor pointer, a touch gesture, an @ symbol. In other words, please don't include an image of an iPad as the logo needs to be future-proof and these may look dated in future. Abstract imagery that suggests multiple platforms (I develop for phones, TV, etc.) would be good though.
2) Keep it a simple shape or combination of a few shapes.
3) Please don't use a letter as a main feature of this.
4) Ideally I would like a clever object that has a double meaning or a clever combination of 2 objects. For some very good examples of what I mean by this please see this article: http://designshack.net/articles/gra…ever-logos