ISPP began in 1989 by a group of parents with 6 children out of desperation as there were no schools for foreigners in Cambodia.
ISPP is a not-for-profit parent run and owned school. It is now a mid-size school (by international standards) but is the biggest in Cambodia and the only one offering the International Baccalaureate programme for students from 3 years old right through to Grade 12.
We are about being a close and caring community and about quality education and a love of learning. See our Mission Statement:
ISPP empowers students, in a caring international environment, to achieve their potential by pursuing personal and academic excellence, and to grow as responsible global citizens who celebrate diversity.
We believe in:
• learning as a partnership involving students, parents, staff and the community at large.
• creating a nurturing environment in which individuals participate in realizing their full potential.
• achieving excellence in an environment which celebrates diversity.
• promoting creative and critical thinking.
• embracing the challenges of a changing world.
• fostering the love of learning as a lifelong process.
We have nearly 600 students from 39 countries and approx 160 staff - local Cambodian and foreigners.
We have plans to have a new school built (as we've grown and grown and are outgrowing our space) by 2011-12 school year.