Our logo will be comprised of our name "[Actual] Iceberg", along with an icon.
The icon should depict:
1) An image of an iceberg, or
2) The letter A shaped or stylized like an iceberg.
The accompanying wordmark should be presented in a style and placement that is complimentary to the icon.
Please always remember that a premium, expensive, heritage appearance is essential. If the logo looks like it could represent a tech company, then it will not work for us.
We have the following thoughts that may assist you.... keep in mind that these are suggestions and not rules, so if you feel you have a strong concept that falls outside of these points, feel free to share regardless. We appreciate designer's insights and are open to all submissions that are well-conceived, well-executed, unique and/or clever. Nonetheless, consider the following:
1) To-date, we have preferred serif type treatments for the wordmark component
2) Polygon-based designs are not compatible with our product and audience
3) Try to distinguish your icon as definitively an iceberg and not a mountain
4) Too much fine detail can be detrimental: this logo needs to present well at small sizes.
5) Think stylish as opposed to trendy: we want a brand that will remain peerless well into the future
6) The use of gradients is not appropriate
7) While we are not limiting your use of color, the logo should be presentable in a black-and-white version
6) Consider integrating a series of cube shapes into the iceberg somehow, if you see a successful way of doing so.