Company Name: In Latin, Principium stands for "origin, beginning, foundation and core principle". Principium aims to be one of the originating companies of the new impact economy, built on shared beneficial purpose, and to raise the standard in the financial services industry accordingly. We also use Principium in the context of a Principled Capital Continuum, emphasizing that impact investing is not its own asset class but can be carried out across the full capital continuum from mission driven to premium plus investments.
Logo Preferences: We would like for the full word Principium to be part of the logo along with some symbol that represents a virtuous cycle. Our short brainstorming yielded the following possibilities:
- Mobius strip / full infinity symbol (cradle to cradle) where principled capital flows all the way through and then back again
- Circle with a dot or other mark in the upper left hand corner of its rim to represent the low risk & high return quadrant
- Principium written out in a font that connects all the letters with a half circle connecting the first and last letters to represent a full loop and interconnection
- Upward spiral
- A symbol with mathematical balance or significance (i.e. golden ratio)
- A distinctive treatment of the "P" in Principium using font, color etc.