How patrick_hurston started their infographic journey
Who are you known as?
American Chemistry Council
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Story to tell in the infographic
Terminating the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) would have large, unintended consequences that would negatively impact U.S. consumers, businesses, investments, and employees. In short, it would raise prices, destroy demand, and jeopardize investments.
Data to include in the infographic
1) U.S. chemical manufacturing accounts for 14% of all U.S. exports
2) NAFTA is working. U.S. chemical exports to Canada and Mexico have grown from $20 billion in 1994 to $44 billion in 2018, and are projected to reach $59 billion by 2025.
3) Under NAFTA, U.S. chemical exports to Canada and Mexico are projected to grow 34% by 2025, to $59 billion
4) Without NAFTA, the tariff burden on U.S. chemical exports to Canada and Mexico would reach $700 million a year, and could be as high at $9 billion a year
5) Without NAFTA exports to Canada and Mexico would fall between 4% (best case) and 45% (worst case)
6) Total chemical industry losses could reach $29 billion in a worst case scenario
7) Up to 21,000 U.S. jobs would be lost
8) With NAFTA, exports will increase by 34% by 2025, without NAFTA exports would drop by 52% by 2025
Elements to include in the infographic
Would like to see the key data points come alive and be put into context. A few charts or graphs would be helpful, but too many will look too technical.
Should appear professional, corporate. A clean look without too much clutter. Ideally, allow space to add a few bullet points/key talking points. I've attached our style guide's color palette for use in your designs. The sample fact sheets attached are really for reference only. This new design does NOT need to look like those, but they are helpful examples of how we have gotten charts/graphs incorporate in the past.