Planning the Perfect Proposal Infographic
Every girl dreams of the perfect wedding, and often the perfect proposal. However, this often does not include fireworks and exotic beaches as many people may think. The most important aspect of any engagement is that the two people involved are in love and want to spend the rest of their lives together. Making it spectacular will only add to the magic of the moment.
Getting down on one knee is a tradition for 3 possible reasons:
Religion - during prayers you kneel as a sign of respect
Royalty - as people kneel to be knighted, this has connotations of honour
Surrender - you are surrendering yourself to being part of a couple forever more
Over 1,000 years ago, in some countries women were kidnapped from their family home instead of a proposal.
Placing the engagement ring on the third finger of the left hand goes back to Ancient Greece. They believed that this finger contained a vein that led to the heart.
What Women Want
According to a many women, this is what they want from their perfect proposal
• Who: Their partner should propose
• What: Even the most simple of proposal should have at least one month’s planning
• When: An evening in December, ideally in the UK
• How: The proposal doesn’t need to include their partner going down on one knee
• Why: The father’s permission does not need to be given, simple love is all there needs to be
• You have asked permission (if applicable)
• Have the ring ready in your pocket
• A camera is on hand to take photos of the moment after she says yes
• You know what your speech is going to include
• Pick a place that is special to you both or is a location your partner will enjoy
• A back-up plan is in place for if there are any problems
• Arrange an alibi so she does not get suspicious when you are off planning the proposal
Average age for women to get married is 28.9 and average age for men is 30.8
During a marriage ceremony, the words ‘you may now kiss the bride’ come from ancient Rome. The kiss used to be a legal bond that sealed the contract of marriage.
In 2011, the greatest number of marriages took place for men and women aged 25 to 29
Formula for the Perfect Proposal Age
How do you know when is the right time to propose? Well this formula has been created by experts to tell you exactly what age you should be when you propose/are proposed to!
Step 1 Choose the oldest age by which you want to get married, e.g. 39.
Step 2 Decide the earliest age you would consider a potential spouse, e.g. 20.
Step 3 Subtract the first number from the second, multiply by 0.368, e.g. 39 -20 = 19. 19 x 0.368 = 6.992.
Add this number to your minimum age, e.g. 20 + 6.992 = 26.992
Round this to the nearest number, e.g. 26.992 = 27
57% of women said they would not appreciate a flash mob proposal
36% of brides said they’d upgrade their engagement ring if they could
Approximately 2,000 couples get engaged at Disney World each year
Henry VIII’s daughter Mary was given an engagement ring at the age of two.
This infographic was brought to you by Robert Gatward Jewellers, provider of exquisite jewellery in Oxford.
(See attached document)