What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Medical & Pharmaceutical
Story to tell in the infographic
How the IT systems for an organization evolve over time due to projects. Evolution includes: expanding growth or existing systems (i.e. new features or existing system replacing an antiquated or redundant one), introduction of new systems, elimination of old systems.
Data to include in the infographic
1. 4-year timeline for major Information Technology projects
2. Corresponding visual of how projects in #1 impact systems over time; i.e. a project may "grow" a system with new features, may "retire" a system whose functionality is absorbed in another system
Elements to include in the infographic
1. 3-Year timeline for 10-15 projects
2. Visual representation of system changes corresponding to projects in #1
3. Visual distinction between projects that are funded and planned versus project opportunities (brainstorm ideas, for example)
4. Section to include notes and/or clarifying points
The attached document highlights the nature of information to be presented but the visual presentation needs a complete overhaul.
The final product should be a template that can be used across different business departments. The layout will remain the same but the information will differ. For example, the I.T. projects and their systems will differ for the R&D department versus the Finance department. As such, the source file for the template design must be provided.
Note: The template should be designed to fit Tabloid (11 inches high by 14 inches wide) size paper.
For creative inspiration, search Google for "timeline infographic examples". I've also attached another very, very basic example of how projects on my timeline relate to changes (i.e. growth or contraction) to a particular system.