I asked for icons related to services provided by my company. I described what each icon should represent. The designer did a good job of tying the icons together while allowing each icon to tell its own story.
How doublecrossinc started their illustration or graphics journey
Who are you known as?
WREK Radio / wrek.fm
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Entertainment & The Arts
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Online Podcast Network specializing in music and entertainment.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Basically, I'm looking to create a logo for WREK Radio. I created the contest under the Illustration category instead of the logo category as what I'm looking for is a bit more involved than the average logo and would require heavier illustration skills. I know basically what I want. Originally, I found the design I wanted online but when I reached out to the designer to try and purchase the rights to the image, I never received a response. The last time I checked, the designer's site was no longer up so I officially gave up trying to reach out. I am attaching the image. It doesn't have to (and probably shouldn't) be a 1 for 1 copy, but I want the same concept, with the following considerations:
1) I love the color scheme that was used, it's not pastel but it's not super bright, not sure how it was done, I'm open to other styles but currently I'm leaning towards a similar colorization style (with a white background though).
2) The image is loosely in the shape of a triangle, I would like to continue this shape as I would like a radio tower added to the image, obviously it should be busted up a bit from the wreck and a couple of the radio antenna legs should be poking through some of the wreckage.
3) Let's get rid of the alien-robot in the background.
4) The design is obviously European-centric (cop car, wide license plate, etc.). As my company is based in the United States I would like the image to reflect an American look. This primarily relates to the two main cars in the foreground and the 'next stop' on the bus.
- I currently have no preferences on the font, which would read: "WREK Radio" and maybe wrek.fm, somewhere visible but less prominent, maybe as part of the image, like on the license plate or on the bus sign...
Initially I'd like to focus on the design itself. Once that is more or less narrowed down then I'd like to start incorporating the font design.