This illustration will be one of the slides in an hour long presentation designed as an inspirational keynote that jolts people out of their current passive mode and teaches them how to use their dream muscle. A previous version of this presentation (Dream slides) is attached below.
The contest here will be one of 2 or 3 illustrations we will undertake with the winning designer, with the extra jobs done later as 1 to 1 projects.
The final illustration file needs to be provided with as many layers as possible as it will be converted by us into a '3D' or 'anaglyph' style that can be seen using paper 3d glasses! For this reason, we would prefer if the illustration did not use a lot of red in it as this does not work well with the 3D glasses.
The illustration should ideally have a realistic imagery style but feels just a little surreal or magical and in this case is going to capture an imaginary room the individual could go in their head, to sit amongst their dreams (or wishes) and be energised or recharged by them. There should be lots of things to look at, big and small. As the viewer looks at the image they should keep on discovering different elements. ***Please note: if your style isn't realistic almost photo quality illustrations, that's ok, I would love to see what you come up with in your own preferred style, as long as there is loads to look at and it draws the viewer in!
There are two types of rooms for you to choose from to do an illustration for:
1. A room for a fashionista, someone who loves fashion and beautiful things.
2. A room for a geek who is into science fiction etc.
Just pick ONE of these for this competition, and then once we select the winner we would then like you to do 1 to 1 projects for another 2 'rooms'.
To provide some inspiration for the contents of the two options of rooms, I have listed possible ideas/inspirations below with some attachments as inspiration for each. All of the ideas below don't need to be represented, these are here as a prompt for you. Please note: The items in the room don't need to be literal, it could be something that captures the feel of that dream or wish rather than the actual item or location. The room could feel 'real' or be quite imaginary and unrealistic as long as the viewer could imagine wanting to go there to recharge and enjoy their dreams.
Option 1 - Fashionista
The types of dreams they might have are:
- Walk in wardrobe/shoe closet,
- Visit Coco Chanel's original store in Paris - 31, Rue Cambon
- Travel to New York
- Buy a piece from Tiffany& Co on 5th avenue (the blue box)
- Buy a designer pair of heels/bag
- Ride in a limousine
- Get a massage/beauty treatment
- Have a chandelier
- Take art classes
- Go on a shopping spree
- Attend all 4 a fashion weeks - New York , London, Milan Paris
- Jean Paul Gaultier Exhibition in Melbourne
- Visit Carrie Bradshaw's steps in New York - 64 Perry Street, West Village
- Hire a personal stylist
- Limited Edition print - Kerrie Hess Femme Noir Illustration
- Couture gown designed for you
- Invest in Chanel 2.55 bag
- Learn how to tie an Hermes scarf
- Get a dramatic haircut - styled by the best
- Chic coffee table with all the best fashion tomes - Champagne Super Novas, The Beautiful Fall, Diana Vreeland, How to Dress for Success (by Edith Head), The Little Dictionary of Fashion (by Christian Dior), Marc Jacobs (Memoirs)
- Get a room styled
- Take a sewing class
- Learn French
Possible elements of the room: airy, light, crystal perhaps, a tasteful chandelier, bolts of beautiful fabric, a bust for making clothes (see attached), sketches of couture gowns
Option 2 - Geek
The types of dreams they might have are:
- Visit NASA
- Own a Space invaders or other stand up machine
- Get a tattoo of a Tardis
- Own a Boba Fett life size figurine
- Witness a rocket launch live
- Go on a behind the scene's tour of LEGO's headquarters in Billund, Denmark
- Visit Matamata in New Zealand - Hobbiton - where they filmed the Lord of the Rings
- Go to Comic-Con
- Win the Robot Games - the Olympics for Robots
- Be an extra in the next Marvel movie
- Become a Jedi - take lightsabre fighting lessons
- Write a graphic novel
- Solve the Rubik's cube in record time
- Limited Edition ET & Jurassic Park posters
- Read all Matthew Reilly books
- Learn major constellations at SALT (South African Large Telescope)
- Visit Roswell UFO Museum in Roswell, New Mexico
- Have a Firefly watching marathon (Firefly the show)
- Complete their Vintage Board Game collection
- Play Quidditch (Harry Potter)
Elements of library: there are many ways to capture this, it could feel like it is on a space ship or has a similar feel, or just clearly be for a fan of the science fiction genre, perhaps include dungeons & dragons die, maybe a telescope, model of a rocket or space shuttle.
If you are trying to get your head around what sort of feel I am looking for, I am hoping it has an almost 'Pandora' style from Avatar - looks too good to be true, rich colours and things to see no matter where you look! I have put an example attached as inspiration :)