99designs is moving into a new office in Melbourne and we want YOU to design a big mural on the walls of our new boardroom.
We are open to all concepts and want to see lots of creativity.
*** Skyline idea ***
To get you started, one idea we have is to extend the skyline that is visible from the window in the boardroom. So that the skyline flows from the physical view out the window, to an abstract view on the wall.
- From the "view from boardroom window" photo, you can see that AAMI park stadium is visible.
- From the "view from roof showing skyline" photo, you can see the rest of Melbourne's skyline with annotations. The buildings to the right of AAMI park can't be seen from the window, but could be illustrated on the walls to the right. E.g. Eureka tower, Arts spire, Federation Square, Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- I've attached bigger photo examples of each of these buildings so you can see their key features.
- Another idea is the "Melbourne cup", a famous horse race once a year that is famous around the world
- Melbourne is also famous for coffee :)
*** Other ideas ***
The Skyline idea is just one idea, we are totally open to ALL mural ideas and see more examples below.
See this site for more inspiration: http://www.creativebloq.com/agencies/office-murals-2131981
*** Style ***
We're looking for something to showcase the full creativity of our design community. Be as creative as you can. An abstract illustration is what we have in mind.
If you're looking to recreate the skyline, then we DO NOT want it to be photo-realistic. It also does not need to be in correct proportion or include all buildings. It could be as simple as 1 colour, or be very colourful. See our San Francisco office mural.
The example murals are just examples. They SHOULD NOT be copied directly. Perhaps the skyline could come apart as it moves from left to right, like it's disintegrating or coming apart.
We want you to have full creative freedom so let your creative juices flow!
*** Dimensions ***
The main wall is 3.5m wide and there is also a side wall that is 2.6m wide that can also be used to create a mural that wraps over two walls. The mural should be no more than 1.5m tall on either wall.
See attached "boardroom wall diagram" for a better idea.