We are looking to have a guru with a human/caricature face, outside of the box type but still remaining professional, presenting different facial expressions and/or accessories (linked to the professional world more than the travel world in the sense that weare speaking here about business tourism and not leasure).
We need to receive a set of images corresponding to different situations, for example:
- On the homepage : normal / Smiling guru
- On the search page : guru with a magnifying glass or guru scratching his head like he was looking for something or …
- On the results page : a nice guru looking happy to have helped someone, or with a thumb up
- On the no result page : a guru kind of implying, sorry I didn’t understand your request or there are no venues matching your request
- If the user clicks back to launch another search: a guru asking or implying that the user hasn’t found what he was looking for
(interrogative face) ..
Ideally, we would need a man face and a woman face, in order to have 2 versions.
1 - Don't take the "guru" literally ! What I mean is that we are not looking for an Indian guy, or someone with a turban. The word guru was used because it is actually understandable in all 5 languages (French, German, Italian, Spanish, English) and acts more like someone you would go to for help and as the mascot of our concept.
2 - Don't make him look scary : although is it mentioned in the brief that we want a sympathetic face, apparently people see gurus as scary, so back to point one, no literal guru, and please make him look nice and human, smiling and easy to speak to (if I can say).
3 - Regarding colors we have no specific ideas in mind. Our website http://www.bedouk .com is pretty simple and just uses white and then we also have kind of a beige and green olive lines. Therefore we need a guru that will stand out from this simple page, be colorful, attract the eye.
4 - Finally, find a few pictures of stuff we liked (in the links), but it still wasn't exactly what we were looking for (we actually picked ideas in the logo store) it was just to give deisgners a starting point: