Each summer, the City produces a number of special events for our residents, including the following:
• La Vista Daze annual festival – held on Memorial Day weekend each year with a free community cookout, fireworks, carnival, vendor booths, parade, beer garden, model airplane demonstrations, pancake breakfast and community worship service.
• Summer Concert Series and Outdoor Movies – on separate occasions throughout the summer.
• Urban Adventure Race – not for the faint of heart, this race challenges participants to perform challenges and navigate throughout the city in competition for a variety of prizes.
• Splash Bash – free day at the swimming pool for residents, complete with free hot dogs, games and prizes.
• Summer Escapes – a variety of fun, creative events for families, including hydrant parties, fun with bubbles and more.
Each year our summer events carry a common theme. Last year it was “Rev Up Summer”, so for La Vista Daze we held a car show and showed “Days of Thunder” and “Back to the Future” for a couple of our movies and hosted box car races at the library.
This year’s theme is “Swing into Summer”. While we are just starting to flesh out this theme, some ideas we have discussed so far include:
• Baseball and/or softball tournaments or games
• Golf tournament
• Chainsaw art and lumberjack-themed events
• Prominently feature the carnival game where you have to swing a hammer to ring a bell and make that a fundraiser for our community foundation.
• Swing music and swing dance
• Swing sets – we have a swing set company in our area and we’ve talked about inviting them to set up a swing set during La Vista Daze somewhere.
• Boxing competition
As you can tell, we are not planning to focus on only one aspect of “swinging” and we hope to have some fun, new events that really play up the theme.
We would like you to design the graphics we will use in all of our marketing materials, website, social media and t-shirts. What you design doesn’t have to be exactly scaled to fit each of these uses. What we need are designs that can be scaled to fit any use.
Below we have included images from last summer with that theme to give you an idea of how we incorporated the graphics in various aspects of our marketing materials.