Easy to work with! Needs little direction to create amazing designs.
- Kamala Alcantara
WoW, can't wait to see the book in print. Great Illustrations.
The design for our Revolve shirts completely reflects our studio style. This was a fun contest!
How AquaSoft started their illustration or graphics journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
AquaSoft is a German company which creates multimedia software. The main product is AquaSoft SlideShow. It gives you the possibility to create multimedia shows from your favorite images.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
For a slideshow template we need a thematic set of illustrations. The topic of this template should be "A Child's Birthday". So it is necessary to use some kid friendly pictures to decorate the slideshow.
Below you can see some scribbles. The result should be a set of stand alone illustrations that we can put together as we like. The set is split into five subgroups.
The style should be simple and kid friendly. We have a nice and funny comic style in mind, but not too plain. It must not look like a simple Word clip art, rather like taken from children's magazine.
The AquaSoft SlideShow creates slideshow movies up to a 4k resolution. So the illustrations should be sized that we can use them in a 4k show without any quality loss. It is important that we get extracted illustrations without any background (with a transparent background).
These are the five themes:
1. Pot Hitting: We need a pot. The pot will be positioned and lifted up from a carpet. The carpet should lie in front of a wall of a child's room. The carpet with the wall and the pot are two different illustrations but you should put them together in a way that it looks like one picture. In the use case the pot will be lifted an a picture will be shown. The third element should be a wooden spoon.
2. Pin the tail on the donkey: The background will be a donkey which looks a bit weird with standing ears. The face can be changed into a pained one with hanging ears. So we need the donkey body and two different faces: The weird/funny and the pained one. The last element is a pin. We do not need a tail because the tail will be replaced by a picture.
3. Sack race: Only one element is needed - the sack. The use case will be, that a picture jumps through the camera's view. So the sack needs a wide opening. Otherwise the out-looking picture would be too small compared to the sack.
4. Air balloons: We need a set of different balloons. Different colors and shapes. One of the shapes should be one of these dogs formed out of a long balloon.
5. Some decorative elements: Three kinds of festoons and two kinds of party hats.
If you have other ideas to make this template more complete, feel free to make suggestions.