Do you have an identity concept?
Yes. Our working concept for an app icon is a white heart with a red background. In the bottom-right corner, of the hear is a blue plus (not a medical cross).
The concept came from a couple different places of inspiration:
- The idea that by tracking your emotional reserves you’re expanding your capacity to love. This illustration emulates adding “heart containers” to your relationship.
- A heart is the core symbol of love, and a perfect everyday reminder for a relationship app.
- The plus icon reinforces the core action of the app: adding and sharing moments with your partner.
One key feature to point out is the plus sign has rounded corners. A plus sign with square corners conveys a medical cross. The preferred color for the blue is somewhere between #9ed4dd - #7fc3f2, and the preferred color for the red is between #e86543 - #ff8987.
What is the name of the app?
The name of the app is PlusOne, and it’s a relationship journal and tracker to help couples improve the quality of their relationship. The name denotes several ideas:
- The app is for you and one other person: your partner.
- The name has a slight tech association which is critical to our demographic, with being able to give karma points in IRC and Slack with the “++” symbol.
- PlusOne is a reminder that the app is to help expand your capacity for love within the relationship.
In the app store we may call the app the “PlusOne Relationship Journal” for better search-engine optimization. We’re are still working on the tagline for the app, and welcome suggestions but this isn’t necessary.
What deliverables do you need?
- An icon for an iOS phone.
- An icon which can stand alone for use on websites
- An icon to use as a favicon for the brewer.
- A word mark of PlusOne with no icon in a sans serif font.
- A logo, which is a combination of the word mark and icon, though feel free to be more creative with this, and explore integrating to logo more deeply into the word mark (though this isn’t necessary).
Who are your competitors?