We are redesigning our power procedure chair, and we are looking for a redesigned hand control user interface that includes a series of buttons that, when pressed, allow the user to move the chair using the chair's various actuators.
We are looking for the following in our new button/hand control design:
* Contemporary, modern, simplistic style
* Clear, intuitive layout that show the movements of the chair with minimal, if any, text. Note: we sell our products all over the world, so the symbols must be universally recognizable
* Open to a range of colors, but would prefer to keep it simple (either grayscale or colors that match the UMF Medical logo)
* Buttons need to be designed such that they complement each other with only minor variations that show the different movements
* Button locations on the hand control are fixed - the button design is to be overlaid onto the hand control in the prefixed locations. The button locations on the hand control are shown in the attached files and templates
* The entire surface of the hand control can be used in the design, but the user must know to press on the specific buttons in order to move the chair.
Required buttons - a video is attached to help explain each of the movements:
* Entire Chair Up & Entire Chair Down - these two buttons are to depict the movement of the chair up and down.
* Chair Back Move Down and Chair Back Lift Up - these two buttons depict the movement of the chair back only. The chair back can move from an upright position (80deg) to a horizontal, flat position.
* Entire Chair Tilt Backward and Entire Chair Tilt Forward - these two buttons depict the movement of the entire chair tilting backward and forward. The total range of motion is from the seat flat to the seat tilted back 30 degrees. The back and leg section rotate with the seat and their angles in reference to the seat do not change.
* Leg Section Rotate Up and Leg Section Rotate Down - these two buttons depict the movement of the leg section only. The leg section can rotate from a position 90 degrees (perpendicular) to the seat to a flat position aligned with the seat.
* Memory 1 and Memory 2 - these buttons are used to store and recall customizable positions of the chair. Like a car radio, the memory works by moving the chair to the desired memory position and then pressing and holding the button that is to be used to store the position. To recall the position, simply press and release the button and the chair will move to the stored position.
* Home - this button is pressed to move the chair to the home position, which is the position with the seat horizontal and in the lowest position, the back fully upright, and the leg section fully down at a 90 degree angle to the seat.
* Stop - this button is pressed to stop the motion of the chair at any time if needed.
Note: Latest design concepts and blank template options are attached. Preferred file format at the completion of the project is .ai to be used with Adobe Illustrator.