We decided on doing a design contest because want unique wedding invitations. Any ideas you have that would make the invitations standout, including paper, envelope, etc, are greatly appreciated. We found this blog post: http://www.designandpaper.com/?p=2473 that shows some unique designs, most of which we quite like (although sometime might be quite expensive to produce).
Wedding theme: snow, lights, love & winter.
Colours: these are the hex colours so they probably are not the "actual" colours, so don't worry about using the exact colours:
#4B3457 — Lapis (Darker Purple) — Main Dress Colour
Accent colours (these are less exact than the lapis):
#906c8d — Wisteria (Purple)
#BFBFC9 — Silver (Soft)
#E6DDC6 — Champagne / Soft Gold
#535353 — Jet Grey
Photos: I've attached a few engagement photos that we like. We have quite a few others, including black and white versions of some, so let us know if there's anything specific you'd like and we'll see if we have it. Also, we've attached a drawing done by Michelle's late father (pine_trees.eps). We'd like to incorporate it into invitation, although it's not required. (I've attached the vector version, although I have the original scan as a TIFF file as well.) Incorporating both our photos and the trees is optional.
In general, we want to send people to our website (http://www.snowlightslove.ca) instead of having them send back RSVP cards. This is an effort to save money and hopefully get responses back faster. (Those that can't RSVP online, can ask a friend/relative to help them or we will contact them directly.)
Information we'd like:
- Date: Saturday, November 23, 2013
- Time: Ceremony: 12pm/noon Reception: 5pm Hors d'oeuvres: 4pm
- Website: http://www.snowlightslove.ca (can either include or exclude the www) — this is where the full information can be found, such as addresses and maps. (The website is not complete at this point.)
- All RSVPs will go through the website (just put the address to the home page). Guests must enter SNOW on the RSVP form to be allowed to complete their RSVP.- RSVP Deadline: November 1st, 2013
- Parents names:
Michelle/Bride: Ms. Diane Hoppe & the late Mr. Samuel Hoppe
Darryl/Groom: Mrs. Marlene Hein & Mr. Abraham Hein
- Names: Michelle Evangeline Hoppe & Darryl Jordan Hein
- Church: First Baptist Church Calgary (see website for full address, although not required to be on the invitation)
- Reception Hall: Pinebrook Golf & Country Club (see website for full address, although not required to be on the invitation)
- Dress Code: Semi formal
Wording: We don't have any set ideas on the wording. In other words, we are quite flexible. Here is an idea (without formatting): Together with their families, Michelle Hoppe, daughter of Diane Hoppe and the late Samuel Hoppe, and Darryl Hein, son of Mr. and Mrs. Abraham Hein, request the honour of your presence at their marriage....[details]
Gift Registry: We've decided to include the gift registry information on the website—feel free to make mention of this on the invitation.
We may use some of the elements from the invitation on our website.
We'll probably be sending out about 125 invitations.