The app is for consumers and TV fans who want to browse and discover new shows. They like to be surprised and delighted by the experience of finding some new show that they didn't previously know was on.
Design Project - create 5 design mock ups for 5 screens of the app (details below):
1. Set Zip Code
2. Choose Cable Provider
3. Browse Shows
4. Search Shows
5. View Show Details
Most important screens are #3 and #5, but all 5 need to be designed.
IMPORTANT - Do not design a cable guide grid
Think outside of the box with a very rich, graphically pleasing, intuitive design.
This iPad app allows a user to browse a guide of what is on TV "right now" as well as future programming across all channels from their local cable provider.
The app should provide a rich/engaging experience that encourages them to browse through their channels and discover TV programs that are on "now".
When they discover a show that interests them, they can see more details about the show, view the cast information, see related shows, and share this discovery via social media networks.
Screen 1: Set Zip
User selects their 5 digit zip code
(consider using 5 column native picker)
Screen 2: Choose Cable Provider
Once zip is set, user selects their cable provider
Screen 3: Browse
User browses/scrolls through shows across several TV channels from different times.
UI should include:
- A timeline
- A channel navigation
- For each show there is a large graphic thumbnail (~ 480x320)
- Scroll to view other shows on other channels at the current time
- View more information about a show (i.e. tap to view Details screen)
- Rotate device to display different navigation or view
Screen 4: Search
- Show recommended programming (What's hot, Popular etc)
- Show programming results
Screen 5: Details
- Overview of show details
- Similar shows
- Cast and Crew (directors, writers, producers etc)
- Includes buttons to share the show on Facebook/Twitter, or to Watch
** See the IMDB app for a good example of this screen
- Can include any colors, but should have prominent use of this red (hex: F7002C)
- iPad Screen: 1024 x 768 pixels (design in Portrait or Landscape, but you should provide at least 1 of the 5 screens in an alternate orientation).
- Primary font: ITC Avant Garde Gothic, Secondary font: Helvetica Neue
- Use Arial if neither are available
- 5 screens in original layered PSD and PNG files of the individual assets