How Lauren.tobon started their button or icon journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
• We are looking for a set of 16 buttons/icons for a communications toolbar used by a customer support call center.
• Each icon should be no larger than 25x25 pixels.
• The icon images must be in PNG & GIF formats.
• The images need to be simple/clean and it should be easy to understand their function.
• Each icon needs to have an enabled & disabled state (for instance when a user is logged out, the Accept Incoming Call button will be disabled). The disabled/enabled state can be the same image but black & white/color, non-animated/animated, etc.
• Since this is a set, there should be an overall consistency in the design, whether it is a color scheme or general style.
• Agents use the toolbar to accept, transfer and/or release incoming phone calls and emails.
• A screenshot of what the toolbar currently looks like is attached.
Below are the details for the function of each icon in the order they appear across the toolbar:
1. Clock – when the user hovers over this it shows how long the customer was in queue
2. Make Call/Initiate Work Item - Used to make a call or send an email when they’re on the phone.
3. Accept Incoming Work Item – This button flashes to signal a new incoming call or email. This is the only icon that MUST BE ANIMATED.
4. Release Incoming Work Item – Used to end a call/control of an email.
5. Blind Transfer – Transfer the call/email to another agent without talking to the recipient.
6. Consultative transfer – Puts the customer on hold while you call another agent to discuss the issue before transferring a call.
7. Conference – Connects to a 3-way conference between the customer and 2 agents.
8. Retrieve Work Item – Retrieves a call/email if the intended recipient doesn’t answer.
9. Pause – Puts the call on hold/defers the email without releasing ownership.
10. Resume – Resume the call/email you put on hold/deferred.
11. Forward button – Not in use.
12. Agent Ready State – Click when you’re ready to take a call/email.
13. Login – Login to the toolbar
14. Logout – Logout of the toolbar
15. After Call Work (ACW) – Used for unlimited time after a call to write down notes or other after-call work
16. Auto In – Only enabled when After Call work is enabled. Currently, the icon is a blue box that says Auto In in green when it’s enabled.