There are four nearby dental clinics in the suburb of Dickson, three of which are older well-established dental clinics on upper floors and difficult to find for a new patient and have no personal online presence. The other is across the street in a medical centre, away from the shopping complex.
We will have floor to ceiling windows and we are within 50 metres of a large bank and supermarket and thus we will have high level of foot traffic. Therefore, we want our logo to be recognisable within this distance as a dental clinic, as it will be a big, well-lit feature on the wall in the reception area facing towards the outside.
Due to these circumstances, we recommend, but not strictly, the following to be incorporated into the logo:
1. It may be cliche, but we would like a tooth incorporated into the logo, so that it is obvious that we are a dental clinic, even at a distance. The tooth should not be cartoon-like, but rather more professional looking.
2. We would like "Modern Dental" to feature more prominently than "Dickson", again to be more recognisable as a dental clinic from a distance.
3. As the name of the practice suggests, we want the design to convey modernity, as well as a sense of professionalism, welcome and trust.
4. Colours should be bright and make our logo easily recognisable.
5. The logo will be used on a variety of platforms, including business card, letterhead, envelop, Facebook cover and website.