Update to Notes:
I have selected each of you because you are all very clearly highly capable. In this update to the brief I want to convey the following key messages:
1) I focussed in the first round on guiding you to a design style that emerged as one which really worked for me. Simplicity and elegance.
2) In talking to you about colours I'm emphaziing the need for a beautiful design. Each of you were able to create beautiful designs and this is important. Colours are so important, and orange with dark blue/grey, blue with yellow, and many other great combinations emerged as well liked, but please do try others as I'm sure there are lots that work well.
3) The same idea regarding having the design to the left of the corporate name continues, and there's no limitation on how you colour the corporate name except that it should of course go nicely with the colour of the design to its left, and probably have words either all in same colour, or use two colours at most.
3) I would like each of you to now focus on providing additional variations on the theme that emerged as something I liked, i.e. use of the i F and M to make out the shape of a greek letter (in this case Pi and Sigma was used) (I dropped the need for islamic symbology). There are other greek letters that symbolize maths that could also work, but only a few of you explored this, and I liked the designs alot. So I'd like you to please explore other letters, such as Sigma, Delta, Xi, Epsilon, Mu, Omega etc. as well, anything that uses the i F and M in its construction, yet still remains discernable without much difficultly.
4) What emerged from the competition so far is extremely efficient use of i F and M by using each part of these letters to describe parts of the other letter/s. You must make sure that in doing so also you don't compromise the viewer of the logo being able to clearly make out i, F and M.
Ok that's it. I hope you're enjoying the assignment. I'm trying my hardest to give as much timely feedback as possible, which isn't easy with a full time day job! However, I respect your talents alot and want to make this beneficial and fun for you, and certainly not frustrating. Thanks and Good luck!
The colours I like for the logo don't include some which are typically associated with Islamic tradition, such as green, and I wanted to mention I'm mindful of that, but if you want to include green in a subtle way then that would be ok.
Also, the logo really needs to show sophistication and intellect. It also needs to convey the idea, if possible, that whilst financial modelling is complex, my job is to make it easy for the client, i.e. to simplify. This is very important as it indicates a mastery of finance which supports the value proposition.