Excellent experience. Designer was incredibly quick, proactive and responsive. Also went out of their way to come up with new ideas and concepts. Would definitely use again!
How nickosutton started their logo & brand identity pack journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
- It's an organisation being set-up amongst friends to support each other in achieving financial and lifestyle goals.
- We are all like minded and try to support one another to 'get things done' which could include investments, business ideas, health & fitness goals, and we thought it would be fun to 'formalise' it more with an 'organisation' or 'club'.
- So we want to start with the logo for The CMB. Incidentally, 'The CMB' comes from an old 80's movie called New Jack City where a crime organisation refers to itself as The CMB or (Cash Money Brothers).
- We thought it would be fun to have a riff on that. Great movie by the way.
Added another image of the globe with banner text. This is the kind of thing we would like to see reproduced with The CMB underneath
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What colors do you want to see in your design?
Other color requirements
I'd like to explore the following colors:
Light neutrals: Purity, balance and sophistication.
Dark neutrals: Formality, mystery, exclusivity and luxury.
Blues: Knowledge, trust, calm and honesty.
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
- This is not an actual company or organisation but just something that two friends thought would be a fun way to push each other to achieve our respective goals (financial, health and fitness, early retirement).
- We'd like the logo to be cool though with a semi-serious tone (not fun or comical in anyway).
- Because there are two of us at the moment and we are almost like brothers we chose The CMB (Cash Money Brothers) as a bit of fun, so if possible a logo that somehow incorporates 'The CMB' and an icon / image of 'two brothers' (like the attached Legacy Lifestyle with the two lion heads symbolizing the two founding partners / brothers).
- We are not stuck on the idea of lion heads though (so maybe two bulls or two stags), and doesn't have to be just the heads either. E.g. Two powerful looking bulls / lions / stags could work as well as long as there are two and they look cool and have a sense of being powerful, and incorporate THE CMB.
- Something similar which is kind of cool and classy and represents something powerful or determined.
We've been looking at logo designs and thinking about what it all means to us plus our love of popular culture and wanted to throw something else into the mix as a possible idea. As the brief outlines The CMB is derived from the 'gangster' movie New Jack City. That movie in turn references a specific scene from the movie Scarface. In Scarface, Tony Montana has a large statue in his mansion with figures holding aloft a globe of the world with the words "The World is Yours" (see attached image).
As a possible variation on the logo design we would also consider an image of part of the globe with "The World is Ours" rather than "The World is Yours" as it riffs on both movies and kind of speaks to our ambitions !!
Added another image of the globe with banner text. This is the kind of thing we would like to try to have reproduced with The CMB underneath