Adlon Therapeutics is a start-up biopharmaceutical company that was recently created as an independent subsidiary of an existing well known pharmaceutical company. Adlon was established as a separate entity so that it could rapidly diversify beyond the historical business focus of its corporate parent and establish a new space within which it could advance optimized business goals, operations and culture. We had previously developed a logo for Adlon which we liked, but unfortunately, it did not pass trademark review and so now we are starting a new design effort.
Adlon’s mission is to develop and bring to market new medicines to treat Attention Deficit Disorder and other diseases of the central nervous system. This is a challenging objective as it requires our company to successfully navigate across a complex matrix of hurdles in fields such as biology, chemistry, medicine, technology, law, finance and even public policy. We know that because of these challenges our success is not guaranteed.
We are science-based, intellectually driven company and so our future success rests on our people. Our team is comprised of highly trained specialists in diverse fields of expertise who share a commitment to make medicines and to help people.
Some of our key customers and stakeholders include:
– patients who need and can benefit from the medicines we develop
– physicians and other providers and caregivers who treat these patients
– health systems within which care is delivered
– commercial (e.g. insurance companies) and governmental organizations (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) who often pay for the medicines we provide
– Investors who help fund our research and development
Since the word Adlon is made-up, designers can be fully creative and unrestricted in developing a logo without the need to specifically reference a particular item or word meaning.
Imbrium Therapeutics: Design Dos
• Graphic style should be contemporary and essential - default towards the simple
• Logo should include the company name “Adlon Therapeutics”
• Logo should have 2-3 colors max
• Logo font should be an interesting, distinct and contemporary san serif
• Note: It does not have to be immediately obvious that this is an identify specifically for a biopharma company
Attributes we like include:
Adlon Therapeutics: Design Don’ts
• Important: please do not use visual references to DNA structures, test tubes, beakers, microscopes, etc. This type of iconography is substantially overused in our industry. No need to be that obvious.
• Attributes we do not like include:
- big corporate
Take a chance, and have some fun. Thanks.