Primary target audience - 30s - 50s. About 80% women. Mostly college educated. Either previous meditators whose practice has lapsed or newbies, who are ready to drop their prejudices or fears about meditation.
The emphasis is on being able to fit meditation and mindfulness in and benefit from it, no matter how busy you are. It helps you figure out, day by day, how to create a 10-minute-a-day habit, which can grow to become a lifelong love of more in-depth meditation techniques.
It is highly practical, rather than fussing around chakras and mantras.
This book provides the main content from the online course, along with an audio-recording bonus of the book.
It is different to other meditation courses / books because:
1. It is highly practical, helping people weave meditation into their everyday life, no matter how busy they are.
2. It applies practical psychology / NLP techniques, to help people dispel the most common meditation myths and overcome their personal excuses.
3. It uses NLP techniques to help them discover how to get motivated and keep motivated on their meditation journey, as well as ensuring that people meditate safely (both physically & psychologically).
4. It opens the door to the spiritual journey of meditation for people who aren't necessarily into 'chakras', 'mantras' and 'religion'.
5. It was written by a certified Trainer of NLP, who is also a formally-trained meditation teacher, rather than by someone who has meditated a lot over the years, but never learned how to teach.