I thought the designer took my brief and ran with it very well, including getting all the information that I wanted onto the cover whilst still making it attractive and clean looking.
- Dreamz 14
Superb. Very happy. Thank you.
- Mr Wolf
Clean and elegant design.
Renwa has been really easy to deal with and I would recommend him to anyone wanting a business book cover.
Best part - his first design - was the one I went with, so he nailed the brief!
Fantastic Job. Great creativity as well as following instruction. Quick response and exceptional work!!! Couldn't be happier!!!
How The Classroom Doc started their book cover journey
Who are you known as?
The Classroom Doc
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Medical & Pharmaceutical
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
I'm a doctor. My book is targeting other professionals in healthcare as well as really health conscious consumers. It is a 375 paged reference book about everything one could ever want to know about food packages and labels (ingredients, nutritional facts, hidden contaminants, certification like organic and fair-trade, food politics, etc.).
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
1) Book Genre: Heath Reference Book
2) I've attached a PDF of a back cover content (this is my layout so you can make it different or better). But the content is all there!
3) http://theclassroomdoc.com/my-books/ Here is a copy of a design someone did based on my suggestions... I suggested a shopper pushing a cart with food label words flying out of the cart. I didn't mind the design is is fun... but I don't want anyone to just copy it. I'm happy to see totally original ideas... or a BETTER version of this one. It is cute but not as professional looking as I was hoping. The first version they did had words flying out of the cart... I liked it but don't have it to show. This is the second version which has words in the background.
4) Title is as follows:
The Confident Food Shopper
The Guide to Food Labels and Fables
5) Author: Dr. Thalia Charney, MA, ND
6) Price of book $37
7) Type of book: PRINTED soft cover (may consider e-book later)
8) Provide bleeds 1/8 inches
9) Book dimensions are 7x9 and 360 pages (spine thickness will provide)
10) I don't like covers that look too busy. I like simple and elegant.
11) I can provide a photo of myself (as you see in my book) if you wish... but don't think the outfit matches the colours... so that can be changed.
The last designer followed my instructions completely although it was only an idea. I'm open to totally different things but also did like my idea... if it could be done better.
Keep in mind it would be read by nutritionists, dietitian, naturopathic doctors, MDs and health enthusiasts.