This is my second time working with Bob - he is the best! He's very detail-oriented and creative. Never disappointed with his work! Highly recommend.
Sylvia was wonderful to work with. As the contest went on she evolved the designs, using my feedback as a jumping off point. The cover I got was striking, and gives great visuals for the story. I hope we work together on future covers.
- crowzart designs
Crowzart made changes we requested in a very quick timeframe and communicated well with us. We would highly recommend using crowzart!
How Michael Hurley started their book cover journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Book publishing for the adult trade market.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I need a design for a glossy dustcover jacket to IngramSpark.com specs for a 5 x 8 hardcover book. The job will require the same design to be adapted to a 5 x 8 paperback glossy cover (i.e., without flaps), also to Ingram specs for a 358 page book, approximately 0.8 inches thick (paperback). The designer MUST consult the technical specs at http://www.ingramspark.com to ensure that the design will meet Ingram's parameters. Stock images are okay, but no rights managed images, please. See attached book proposal with plot, chapter and character summaries as well as comments below for more info on style and content.
Here are some updates:
1. The boat image uploaded as a file is a Google image of the type of schooner featured in The Prodigal, as a suggestion for what you might want to consider in elements of the design. Please do not send me a cover simply featuring this photo, as I do not have the rights to it. Please try to find something similar approved for use, if you choose to use a boat image.
2. The award graphic uploaded as a file needs to be recreated by the designer and featured on the cover. I created it using Book Antigua 13 pt. font.
3. The headshot is the author photo to appear on the back cover.
4. The word document contains instructions on the text to appear on the cover.
5. The Ragbagger Press logo (black circle with boat and moon) should appear on the back cover and the spine.
6. The sample cover for The Vineyard shows how the Ragbagger Logo should appear on the back cover and on the spine.