Here are the specifications for this design:
Title: 101 Devil Caches
Subtitle: Your guide to creating unique or hard to find geocaches!
Author: Ej Martin & Kurt Milligan
Genre: Outdoor, hobby
Target Audience: People who geocache or people who are looking for a hobby that is fun and get's them outside.
The back blurb for 101 Devil Caches shall read:
We need to put something in here.
In terms of elements for the cover:
1) Our mascot is a sort of mad scientist who builds geocaches in his spare time. We've attached the vector file of him for your use. For the cover we were thinking of him being in a lab or other environment building an "evil" geocache.
2) The background should be light, with the overall appearance of the cover being light and fun!
3) The word "geocaching" or "geocaches" needs to appear somewhere on the cover. It can either in a slogan used somewhere else.
4) Fell free to get creative with backgrounds, imagery etc.
5) Design should encompass: front and back covers as well as the spine of the book.
6) ISBN Bar code to be provided, or a space can be left for it to be inserted later.
7) On the back cover, in small format we would like the logo of our company, Leeward Coast LLC, found.
8) Should bring attention the connection to madcacher.com and navicache.com somehow
To summarize, the cover look we're going for is engaging. There are a number of geocaching books that are available that are very plain, we want something that will catch the eye, be fun and engaging and scream out "buy me".
Since the blurb for back cover and page count for the paperback are not finalized at this point, we will need you to be flexible in terms of updating the paperback cover for back cover text and the size of the spine. We'll provide that in 2-4 weeks. We will be using Createspace to publish the paperback, so it has to fit their requirements. We'll need a minimum 300dpi resolution for the work.
For ebook cover, we'll need the following sizes:
Barnes & Noble Embedded Cover: 600px x 730px
iBooks Embedded Cover: 600px x 860px
Amazon Embedded Cover: 600px x 800px
Amazon Catalog Cover: 1562px x 2500px
We would also prefer 300dpi for the ebook.
We would like a commitment from the winning designer that he/she would send us the correctly sized files and update the paperback cover text for us in 2-4 weeks. In addition, we'd also like to get the original design files (photoshop, etc) with all the layers attached. Obviously, you will need to own the rights to all the images used and fully release all copyright to us.