I love the designs. Awesome hand drawn pattern with great matching color.
How jim.riggs started their book cover journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
.I am a self-publishing university textbook author and currently have four textbooks that I am selling for university engineering classes.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I need a book cover design for a freshman engineering textbook. The book is 8 inches by 10 inches. Please note that the picture attached here is not in the correct proportions in the thumbnail. To see the correct proportions go to Wikipedia and search for "Burj Khalifa, Dubai". I would like the title (An Introduction to Engineering Fundamentals and MATLAB" and my name "James B. Riggs" on the front cover only. In addition there will be a spline with the title, author and publisher as well as the back cover. The finalists will be provided the extra material for the back cover.
NEW NOTE: Please do not limit your design to the attached photo. So far the best design does not use this photo.
FOR FINALISTS: The spline should have the title length wise. At the top of the spline, "Riggs" should appear across the width. Across the bottom of the spline, "Ferret Publishing" should appear across with width.
On the back cover, the following should appear:
An Introduction to Engineering Fundamentals and MATLAB
• This text provides a general structure with which to undertake the study of engineering and is designed to be useful for a student’s entire undergraduate program.
• This textbook is written in a student-friendly fashion with easy to understand explanations and lots of examples.
• Part II Introduction to MATLAB offers a comprehensive introduction to using MATLAB for the uninitiated student. Part II culminates by presenting how to use MATLAB built-in functions to solve engineering equations.
• Examples and problems in the chapters are relevant to engineering and are based on the background of high school math, physics and chemistry.
• Self-assessment questions and problems are presented at the end of most sections and answers are provided in Appendix A.
• Appendix B contains highly detailed solutions of selected problems from the end of the chapters.
I would like a cover design that is both attractive and elegant.