Letters to My Molester© is the first book in a series titled a Mimi Combs Book™.
The novel is the fiction based story of Mimi Combs who, as a childe, is sexually molestsed by her father. The impact of the abuse will set Mimi on a course in life in which she searches for a love to replace the coveted love she shared with her father before the he began to molest her. The novel charts her life from child to young woman in college. As Mimi searches for a king like her daddy, she makes decisions that leave a reader wondering if her search will end well.
Below is a synopsis of the book:
As a child, the most important man to Mimi Combs is her Daddy. Her father is a king to her, and she loves him very much. But in a quiet moment, when a young girl thinks she can comfort a grown man with a simple and innocent love letter, a king becomes a monster. And the little girl doesn’t know she’s supposed to be afraid of him. Until one day...something happens to change her life and her mind.
As the girl becomes a woman, she begins a search for a king to love her. It is a journey filled with obstacles and detours. Can she navigate the road to recovery or is she bound for destruction? Will she find a true king to love the little princess again or will she hit a dead end? Only the pages of this book and her letters can tell.
I do not have a concrete view of the book cover in my mind but hope the pieces of the concept can be pulled together into an meaningful cover which helps tell the Mimi's story. My requirements are:
1. I would like photographs and not cartoons, however, I would be willing to consider a design which uses silhouettes.
2. I do not want the cover to be too dark for two reasons. First, although her story begins darkly, the end result is full of light. Second, I will need a thumbnail or postage stamp size version of the image and find that when these are too dark they are difficult to see when they are this small.
3. The colors I see are red, orange, brown and yellow.
4. I'd like the child and the woman represented in the cover design.
5. The concept of a path may also work as she is searching for healing and recovery from being sexually molested.
6. I would also like to incorporate the concept of main character (Mimi) writing a letter or letter writing as part of the cover design.
I'm working with someone who is helping me through the publishing process. This person used Createspace to develop a proof copy of the book and provided a temporary cover. I don't like this cover but it does capture some of the colors that are on my mind. I will upload a copy of that cover.
I've developed a website for the book which you can see at see at http://www.letterstomymolester.com.