Great work. Always prompt and full of quality ideas. Iram's design is better than I could have imagined. I hope to have the pleasure of working with Iram again soon.
fast work done at really high standards
- : Elementi.studio
Very very good work - profesional design!!
- M.Oberkrom Design
Always a pleasure to work with!! Pure excellence!
Alex is fantastic! Creative and great to work with!
How perkinslm99 started their book cover journey
Who are you known as?
Mike and Lori Perkins - authors
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are educators.
The subject of our book AD/HD (it's about 50 pages).
It was written for teens and pre-teens, but we are finding it also has tremendous appeal for teachers, parents and counselors as it gets to the point without a lot of fluff and has lots of good strategies. The person most likely to purchase this is a woman - parent, teacher or school administrator.
The book has been purchased by parents for themselves and their child, by school administrators for their staff, by teachers for themselves for classroom and personal use, and by therapists for use in their counseling practice with children and teens who are diagnosed with AD/HD.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We want a front cover design -
- the dimension of the book is 8" X 5 "
- it should include the name of our book:
Empowering Teens & Pre-teens with AD/HD to Succeed Not Just Survive
- The words "Not Just Survive" can be in a smaller font than the rest of the title.
- it needs to include our names as authors: Mike and Lori Perkins
- Please go to our website MLPERKINS.COM - the top of the page has the types of colors I like -deeper blues/green/oranges - a multi-color vs. monochromatic is preferable unless you come up with something that you like better
- it needs to appeal to female adults as the primary person who purchases this, but also needs to appeal to the 9-18 year olds who will also read it
- eye catching, but not trendy, loud or gimmicky
- not too busy but not too simple
- we want the cover to attract people to pick it up and inspire confidence that what they are going to read is beneficial
- a universal appeal (we have sold books in other countries)
- possibly include kids or people - but not specific pictures - maybe muted figures (I don't know if muted is the right word - vague or fuzzy) - whatever you think will work best
- covers I hate: Parenting Children with ADHD; Driven to Distraction; Life Can Be Better; Raising Boys with ADHD; ADHD Does Not Exist; Smart But Stuck; Learning to Slow Down and Pay Attention; ADHD without Drugs; Smart but Scattered
See our website for more info - MLPERKINS.COM
Our book is already published but we want to redesign the cover.
The book includes a metaphor that describes what goes on in the brain as being similar to what happens on in creating a movie - a director, camera, movie set, etc. Those with ADHD aren't always able to interpret what goes on around or the impact of their own words or actions very well - their camera has a cloudy lens (see our 2 minutes video animation on YouTube -- Let Me Be Your Camera-Understanding ADHD). We always say to our son --Let me be your camera - to cue him when he is missing something important and needs help that he doesn't realize he needs.