1. The front cover will be in a 5" X 8" format. The back cover will also be in a 5" X 8" format. Please use a spine width of 1/3" for now. This may need to change slightly once the final page count of the book is known. This information will be provided to the winning designer.
2. I have an account with shutterstock.com. Shutterstock images are preferred.
3. My book is in the women's spiritual self-help genre.
4. Image: I need a photo of an antique ship's compass. Google (pictures of antique ship's compasses) first to see the photos there, then move on to the photo collection websites when you know what you are looking for. A gold or white face to the compass is preferred--in that way the red arrows will be visible.
The ship's compasses come in a brass housing with liquid inside the face and have a straight needle (the arrow) which points from north to south. Keep the needle that way and then place several red needles (arrows) from the north point to the northeast point on the compass (shade them from light to dark--dark at the northeast point).
5. The book title is , Rejuvenation. The signature: Donna V. will be in the fond "before the rain."
6. Author's Bio (text for back of book) will be submitted during the contest.
7. Author's photo will be submitted to finalists. Leave open a space 2.75" deep and 2.25" wide
8. Book selling price is $16.95 and you will need to leave a space for the bar code. Place price on the far left, barcode on the far right. (back of cover---bottom)
9. To get a sense of style and aesthetic, have a look at my first contest http://99designs.com.au/book-cover-…ons-229057 or my latest contest: Book cover featuring a spotted eagle ray for Aloha. (Keep in mind that I need an image of an antique ship's compass this time)
Notes: My style is simple and elegant. I always use a white background for each of my books.
Good Luck to everyone and thank you for your participation.