1. The book is called 'The Entrepreneurial Way'.
2. The subtitle is '97 Success Secrets and Shortcuts To Unleash The Entrepreneur Within You'
3. The purpose of this book is as follows (this is a direct quote from the book) - "I wrote this book to share what I have learnt in three decades in business. The things that I wish I knew when I was starting out. It contains 97 lessons, insights and observations and addresses business and life issues that count. It is blend of home spun philosophy and practical DIY no-nonsense improvement suggestions.
All of the lessons in this book can be read individually or in combination and in any order. Hopefully you’ll refer to them regularly. Some of them will be uplifting and some may cause mild discomfort. If you want to read a book that is grounded in reality and can really help you achieve business success, then grab a highlighter pen and read on."
4. The book is pitched at a wide audience but mostly those with aspirational business ambitions - i.e. people that want to get better. The content is applicable to everyone from those studying business at uni etc to young managers, to people starting their own business to corporate executives looking for a handbook to help them improve.
From a design perspective I am looking for a minimalistic, professional design that would not look out of place in a bookstore or on amazon.
5. I am open to using my image on the front cover. I had some pro photos taken recently - here is a final section you can use (attachment). If not on the front cover a cropped image should be used on the back cover to accompany point 8 below.
6. I don't want any crazy cover artwork like dollar bills falling from the sky or million dollar houses. This would not be consistent with the book's content. Essentially, I am a serious entrepreneur who has built or invested in some great, market leading businesses. I want that to come across in the design.
7. the book is approx. 50k words and won't have a dust cover. the book size (width, length) is likely to be 6" x 9" (15cm x 23cm) and will be a paperback. include a spot for a barcode on the back cover as well as the web-link http://www.paulbreen.com.au
8. the description on the back cover can use the following text as a placeholder for the purpose of this contest -
Paul Breen knows how to build successful businesses. He has founded or co-founded 6 companies, invested in three others, sold 3, completed two turnarounds and has sat on more than 10 boards or advisory boards. He pioneered ‘pop-up’ retailing in Australia and New Zealand with the 150 store chain Calendar Club, was an early stage investor in the market-leading disruptive payments company, Epay Australia, and held the enviable position of CEO of electricity industry maverick, Powershop, launching that brand into the Australian market. He is a sought after advisor, speaker, blogger and business coach.
THE ENTREPRENEURIAL WAY covers many of the essential lessons that business managers and entrepreneurs need to know. It is sage advice from a serial entrepreneur who has stumbled and fallen and gotten up again to help put several market leading organisations on the ground in Australia. For anyone in business who aspires to be the best they can be it is an indispensable handbook.
9. it is important to me that the design is original
10. the subject line of each of the 97 lessons is attached.
Have fun with this!