The title of book will stand out. This book falls into the category of Non-Fiction: Polemics. Health/Nutrition
The author is a former pharmaceutical sales rep who participated in extreme sales tactics by taking out doctors to high end restaurants in exchange for prescriptions. He left the industry when he realized nobody could ever be 100% healthy taking pharmaceuticals long-term. On his quest for real solutions for all health problems, he learned that all disease is caused by malnutrition (not genetics or germs) and people truly can heal from any health condition when they are regularly fed the proper nutrient-dense foods in a high enough volume.
The book cover must NOT:
- Lead prospective readers to believe it is a doom and gloom book. It will reveal a lot of inconvenient truths, but more importantly, it presents the solutions that each of us can take to improve our health (if we're taking pharmaceuticals or not).
The book cover must BE:
Clean, modern, show 3 dimensionality with the use of shadow, lights, gradients. It must convey that the book is inspirational and has the answers the reader has always looked for.
You may choose whichever fonts are best. You may pick any color. I will make comments on the designs that present effects that are attractive and in alignment with the message of the book so that all designers may be encouraged.
The book will be 5.5x8.5 inches. Approximately 260 pages in total with a book spine width of 0.6375 inches.
It will be self-published with createspace. Please review their book cover guidelines: https://www.createspace.com/Product…verPDF.jsp
I have attached the following images:
1) 300DPI image of the bar code & ISBN
2) Images of 3 initial book cover concepts
3) Multiple Images of pills.
4) Other artistic elements to consider for the pill image
5) Back Cover text
6) Headshot of author. Feel free to crop, resize, change background color to fit your cover design. (Feel free to modify the headshots by giving me a tan... or making me look more Norweigan) If you want a headshot with a light colored backround, send me a private message.
Title: The Pharmaceutical Myth
Subtitle: Letting Food be our Medicine for Perfect Health and a Longer Life
Author: Gerald Roliz, CNC
Foreword: Quite possible the name of the foreword author will be applied to the front cover. This is to be determined after the final design is selected. But keep in mind that an area may be needed to add such information.
The designer to the final winning image should also create web image (book standing upright at an angle) of the winning design. These do not have to be created until the final design is completed. The book cover images will be featured on a video book trailer and a website that is in development to promote the book.