We need a paperback book cover ie front cover, back cover, spine and a 3D render too. The front cover should be effective as an ebook thumbnail too.
The book is non-fiction, about 30-35,000 words, and is the first in a series of 5 books. The book contains a selection of research-based articles and real-life stories that Professionelle has collected over several years, all relating to various aspects of working women’s careers.
The title of Book 1 is: 'Begin with Success' [please note that the number 1 or the words Book 1 should appear somewhere in the cover / spine design, though not necessarily as a direct part of the title]
The sub title of book 1 is: 'Real-life examples and research-based advice for career oriented women'
The series title for the 5 books is: 'Working Women: 5 Stages to Career Success'
The author is Professionelle Foundation
The five book themes are:
• Book One: all about starting out
• Book Two: guidance to building self-insight
• Book Three how to handle the mid careerstage
• Book Four: advice for working mums
• Book Five: aspects of leadership and governance
The series belongs in these Amazon categories:
• Ebooks > Business & Money > Women & Business
• Ebooks > Business & Money > Jobhunting & Careers > Career Guides
• Ebooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Mentoring & Coaching
The cover design should be sympathetic to the norms of books in those categories, while standing out from the crowd.
The design should appeal to our target audience of working women. These are predominantly women who:
• work in large, complex organisations in the public or private sector
• provide services to those sorts of organisations eg coaches and consultants
• are in the professions such as law and accounting
• have a strong interest in progressing their careers
• are highly educated
While Professionelle welcome anyone who finds our material interesting and helpful, we do not target or research the needs of entrepreneurs or women running their own small businesses.
Look and feel: we recently refreshed the logo and palette of Professionelle’s website at http://www.professionelle.org.nz which will provide guidance on colours.
The cover should convey that this is a book aimed at working women who fit our target market. If you use an illustration (and illustrations seem more common than photos on non-fiction covers) please avoid chick lit motifs. That means no pink, no lipstick cases, no stylised women with Barbie figures .