My book "Glory & Grace daily" is a christian devotional series that will publish short christian articles called devotionals, each day for the month. It will be published monthly. A devotional is a time that christians spend meditating and reading the Bible and in prayer. It is time spent with God. This is an important concept for the overall design of the book. There are two main concepts then required for the design.
1. that of a devotional, time spent with God meditating on His Word and prayer.
2. Grace, God's unmerited favor He has shown to us.
More details on a few things
1. Title. The book series title is Glory & Grace Daily. This title will remain consistent across all the monthly publications. I want it to have a distinctive typography and/or layout that will make readers rapidly identify it. Let the emphasis on the cover page be on the title. I will prefer the title to be in the top half and not bottom
2. Subtitle. This will be the theme for each month. The current design will be "28 chosen daily revelations of grace to transform your life". This will change from month to month.
3. Taglines. The month of publication, February 2017. If the design permits, a second tagline "devotional" to indicate on the cover that it is a devotional book will be find. But this is optional.
4. Author name. Use Patrick Oben, M.D. as this is my author name.
5. I have attached a few copies of sample books
You can see the first series of books here https://secure.strangmagazines.com/…evotional/
You can see that the book series title is Life in the Spirit. It has a consistent distinctive design. Each book has a subtitle specific for the volume. My title will be "glory & grace daily" as above, and should be designed as specified above.
The second attachment shows a devotional series with a distinctive title called "living faith" and the months of publications. The third shows a devotional called "Daily walk". I do not like the line beneath the title in this case.
These are just examples to assist in the designs.
I want my design to look simple and not congested. Please use appropriate quality genre fonts.
The trim size for the book at the moment will be 5.25 x8 inches, with about 30-40 pages.