99designs is all about creating opportunities for talented designers to grow. So we created a higher-priced, Platinum package exclusively for the most talented, professional and hard-working designers on 99designs. Platinum designers are hand-picked and have successfully demonstrated the ability to create beautiful and effective design solutions.
In this article, we’ll explain what Platinum contests are and how any talented designer can be promoted to Platinum status.
Why become a Platinum designer?
As you browse through our contest listing, you’ll notice all Platinum contests are marked with a “P”:
Platinum contests are unique because:
- Platinum designers are hand-picked by 99designs.
- Platinum designers can still compete in all other contests.
- they have the largest prizes.
- all finalists in Platinum contests will be paid 15% of the total prize.
- winners in Platinum contests will be paid both the first prize + 15% of the total prize.
In addition to higher prizes and finalist payments, Platinum designers are also well-respected within the 99designs community. Platinum designers are often featured on our global blog, the first to test out exciting new site features, and much more! Not to mention, you get a cool Platinum badge on your profile for the world to see.
Great! What are the requirements to become a Platinum designer?
The first step is to really focus on producing great designs! In addition to this, we offer Platinum status to designers who:
- demonstrate the highest caliber of conceptual thought and technical execution in their work.
- execute basic design principles well such as typography, visual hierarchy, composition and color.
- create effective design solutions that meet clients’ needs.
- provide the required design files to clients.
- submit original logo, icon and illustration designs that comply with our Stock Policy and Concept Originality Policy.
- correctly source and declare stock images where they are permitted. Note: If stock images are used they must be uniquely modified or incorporated creatively.
- avoid submitting too many generic designs.
- conduct themselves professionally and follow the rules of 99designs.
- have filled out their 99designs profile page as instructed in this article.
- have won at least 1 contest.
We actively review designers for Platinum status daily. If you follow the above requirements on a regular basis, you can be sure we’ll take notice!
What are examples of Platinum designers?
If you work hard and practice your design skills, you’ll be promoted to Platinum status in no time! Here are some examples of Platinum-level designers and resources for each design category. Be sure to click on the designs below to see more work from each designer.
Logo and Identity
Website & App
Business & Advertising
Clothing & Merchandise
Art & Illustration
Packaging & Label
Book & Magazine
These examples are only a small fraction of the massive amount of talent in our designer community.