I highly recommend this designer. They were quick, professional, responsive, and most of all, their design was not only technically great, but they seemed to grasp the concept of what I was trying to accomplish almost immediatly and with very little feedback or instruction. Bottom line - they're good at what they do!
- Jack Parsons
How danic83 started their banner ad journey
runnersboard (not final)
we are two friends with a passion for running. We are trying to launch a web forum for people who have the same hobby, to share experiences, training/nutrition tips, information about races around etc.
We contacted 99designs because we are hoping to get a banner to place on at the top of our main page. We are looking for something with a professional look, attractive and catchy, to give visitors a good eye impact as they access our website.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our target audience are all people who have a passion for running in general, no matter what level. We target both beginners and competitive athletes. Our forum will have many categories covering different areas of the sport (training, racing, nutrition, marathons in the world, wear and more)
The banner can contain photographs and/or drawings about running in general (it could be a person or more people training, racing etc.). The background can be anything from a landscape to an abstract image. We do not have constraints on the actual content. Designers are free to be creative and do what they think it's better.
We will choose the banner that will look more professional, original, attractive, eye catching for the potential visitors of our web site.
Please see attached mockups:
* mockup.png -> guest (user is not logged in).
* mockup1.png -> user is logged in.
* header.gif -> This is the image that will have to be replaced with the banner. Refer to this image for the size in pixels etc.
Please note that:
* The last 300px on the right side of the banner should have a plain colour (or a slight gradient) because we will want to overlap some text there
* The banner has to fit/blend well with the rest of the web site (colours/style etc)